Budget Advisory & IBN
Madison Budget Advisory Committee & Interest Based Negotiations Information
The Governing Board recognizes that money and its management constitute the foundation of the entire school program. To make that support as effective as possible, the Boards intends to:
- Encourage short- and long-rang planning through the best possible budget procedures.
- Explore all practical and legal sources of monetary income.
- Guide the expenditure of funds to achieve the greatest educational returns.
- Require maximum efficiency in accounting and reporting procedures.
- Maintain, within budget limits, a level of per-student expenditure needed to provide high-quality education.
To meet that goal, a budget development process that is transparent and actively involves the Board, district staff and parents/community was established. The budget development process is interdependent with Governing Board direction and Budget Advisory Committee and Interest Based Negotiation (IBN) recommendations.
Budget Advisory Committee
The Budget Advisory Committee is a Superintendent appointed committee that reviews the Maintenance & Operations budget capacity and external influences to determine recommendations for budget priorities to the Superintendent. One of the members of the committee also serves on the IBN Team, and is the liaison between the two groups.
Interest Based Negotiation Team
The Interest Based Negotiation Team is comprised of three subgroups: certified, classified and administrative. The team discusses and makes recommendations on salaries and benefits and working conditions.
Budget Advisory Committee / IBN Meeting Updates