Madison Student and Staff Health & Wellness
District Wellness Committee
The primary purpose of the District Wellness Committee is to involve parents, students, food service staff, teachers of physical education, school health professionals and administrators in a collaborative approach to developing goals for the following:
- Nutrition Education
- Nutrition Promotion
- Physical Activity
- Other School-Based Activities
- Public Updates
Health & Wellness Awards & Recognitions
- Gold Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Camelview, Rose Lane, Park, and Simis for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Silver Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Madison No. 1, Meadows, & Heights for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Gold Award Healthy Arizona Worksites Program (HAWP), April, 2020
- Gold Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Camelview, Rose Lane, Park, & MTA, 2018-2019 School Year
- Silver Award for Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Madison #1, Simis, Meadows, & Heights, 2018-2019 School Year
- Finalist for the Phoenix Business Journal’s 2019 Healthiest Employers Awards, April 2019
- Silver Award Healthy Arizona Worksites Program (HAWP), April 2019
Join the Madison District Wellness Committee
We are looking for Madison parents, students (4th grade and older), and staff (including, but not limited to food service, nurses, P.E. teachers, MAC club leaders, teachers, principals, school board members, social workers, counselors, and psychologists) to join the Madison District Wellness Committee to help promote physical, social, and mental health for our students and staff.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact Lauren Kemmer, Executive Chef/Wellness Coordinator at (602) 664-7900.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
2020-2021 District Wellness Committee Meeting DatesMeeting dates for 2020-2021 TBD. Please check back for more information.
District Wellness Committee Documentation
Triennial Assessment, Comparison to a Model Policy, & Recommendations for Improving the Wellness Policy
- 2017-2020 Triennial Wellness Assessment Report
- 10/23/19 – Arizona Department of Education Local Wellness Policy Assessment Comparison with a Model Policy
- 10/30/19 – Recommendations for Improvement of the Local Wellness Policy