Madison Student and Staff Health & Wellness
District Wellness Committee
The primary purpose of the District Wellness Committee is to involve parents, students, food service staff, teachers of physical education, school health professionals and administrators in a collaborative approach to developing goals for the following:
- Nutrition Education
- Nutrition Promotion
- Physical Activity
- Other School-Based Activities
- Public Updates
Health & Wellness Awards & Recognitions
- Gold Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Camelview, Rose Lane, Park, and Simis for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Silver Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Madison No. 1, Meadows, & Heights for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Gold Award Healthy Arizona Worksites Program (HAWP), April, 2020
- Gold Award Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Camelview, Rose Lane, Park, & MTA, 2018-2019 School Year
- Silver Award for Smarter Lunchrooms Movement at Madison #1, Simis, Meadows, & Heights, 2018-2019 School Year
- Finalist for the Phoenix Business Journal’s 2019 Healthiest Employers Awards, April 2019
- Silver Award Healthy Arizona Worksites Program (HAWP), April 2019
Join the Madison District Wellness Committee
We are looking for Madison parents, students (4th grade and older), and staff (including, but not limited to food service, nurses, P.E. teachers, MAC club leaders, teachers, principals, school board members, social workers, counselors, and psychologists) to join the Madison District Wellness Committee to help promote physical, social, and mental health for our students and staff.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact Lauren Kemmer, Executive Chef/Wellness Coordinator at (602) 664-7900.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
2021-2022 District Wellness Committee Meeting Dates
Meetings will be held virtually over Zoom on the following dates.
- Thursday, September 30th, 2021 4:30-5:30 PM
- Thursday, December 16th, 2021 4:30-5:30 PM
- Thursday, March 10th, 2022 4:30-5:30 PM
- Thursday, May 12th, 2022 4:30-5:30 PM
Meeting ID: 395 001 7333
Passcode (if using app or computer): Madison
If dialing in by phone:
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 395 001 7333
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcYMG19Q5o
To receive a copy of meeting notes or recordings, please contact Lauren Kemmer, Executive Chef/Wellness Coordinator at (602) 664-7953.
Triennial Assessment, Comparison to a Model Policy, & Recommendations for Improving the Wellness Policy