The Madison Elementary School District’s Governing Board is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent to lead the highest performing elementary school district in Phoenix. The selected candidate will assume the position July 1, 2022.
Administrative experience in education commensurate with the position that clearly and measurably demonstrates leadership success and sustainable results. Doctoral degree preferred.
The successful candidate will possess and have demonstrated the skills and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Governing Board is searching for a candidate who:
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, presents a positive image of the district, will listen to input and is a decision maker.
• Possesses the leadership skills, knowledge and sensitivity required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by a diverse student body and community.
• Has a strong moral compass that is rooted in justice and equality.
• Is a strong communicator in speaking, listening and writing.
• Has experience recruiting and maintaining exceptional staff for the district and schools.
• Is able to build consensus and commitment among individuals and groups.
• Has experience with effective management and planning practices that will benefit the long-term financial health of the district.
• Is strongly committed to a “student centered” philosophy in all decisions.
• Promotes a positive and professional environment that includes mutual trust and respect among faculty, staff, administrators and Board.
• Commitment and experience working with all genders, races, and socio-economic groups.
• Possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing the gaps in student achievement and opportunity.
• Makes data-driven recommendations and decisions.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS
To be considered for the position, submit an application file online by November 15, 2021. Include:
• A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences, and reasons for interest in the position.
• The online application form and a resume.
• 4 current letters of recommendation